St. Thomas United Church Adult Choir
Rehearsals: Thursday evenings at St. Thomas United Church from 7:15 PM to 9:30 PM.
Are you too old to pass for a youth and too young to stop singing? Have you always wanted to sing with a group but never had the time? We’re always ready to welcome new members. Come practice with us on Thursday evenings. We support the congregation in singing the hymns most every Sunday from September to June and sing an anthem two or three times a month.
You don’t need the ability to read music. You just need a heart that wants to sing, even just a little bit. Don’t forget to bring your smiling faces. If you don’t bring one, we’ll do our best to give you one before you leave!
- Annual 12th Night Concert – Each year, the NW Calgary United Church Choirs come together for an evening of Christmas music just after the holidays. Each choir sings two of their Christmas anthems and the audience participates in singing Christmas Carols. It is followed by coffee and goodies. This year, it will be held at Symons Valley United Church at 7:00 pm on Sunday, January 5. All are welcome to attend.
- Joy of Song Service – February 2 10:00 am – This service will celebrate the role of music in our spiritual journeys. All St. Thomas Musical groups will be participating.
The Adult Choir is singing anthems at Services:
- November 24: Advent Cry by Joseph Martin
- December 22: We Want to Be Ready by Nancy Price/ Don Besig
- Christmas Eve Cantata Service at 8:00 PM:
- We Want to Be Ready by Nancy Price/ Don Besig
- Shepherd, Do You Sleep? by John Parker/Larry Shackley
- No Golden Carriage, No Bright Toy by Gilbert M. Martin
- Mary, Mary by Mary Donnelly/George Strid
- Look Up, Children by Jay Althouse
- Joy to the World! By F. Handel from “Judas Maccabaeus” (arr. Christopher)
- January 5: TBD – One of the Christmas anthems
- January 19: UBU & IBI by Kevin Knopf
- February 2: Up Above My Head – Traditional spiritual arranged by Mark Hayes
Adult Choir Director: