St. Thomas United Church Adult Choir
Rehearsals: Thursday evenings at St. Thomas United Church from 7:15 PM to 9:30 PM.
Are you too old to pass for a youth and too young to stop singing? Have you always wanted to sing with a group but never had the time? We’re always ready to welcome new members. Come practice with us on Thursday evenings. We support the congregation in singing the hymns most every Sunday from September to June and sing an anthem two or three times a month.
You don’t need the ability to read music. You just need a heart that wants to sing, even just a little bit. Don’t forget to bring your smiling faces. If you don’t bring one, we’ll do our best to give you one before you leave!
- Joy of Song Service – February 2 10:00 am – This service will celebrate the role of music in our spiritual journeys. All St. Thomas Musical groups will be participating.
- STUC musical production featuring music from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat – April 25 @ 2:00 and 7:00
The Adult Choir is singing anthems at Services:
- January 19: UBU & IBI by Kevin Knopf
- February 2: Up Above My Head – Traditional spiritual arranged by Mark Hayes
- February 16: Lean On Me with We Shall Overcome by Bill Withers/Pete Seeger Arr. Mark Hayes
- March 1: As the Deer by Nystrom Arr. Larsen
- March 15: We Fall Down by Tomlin/Larson
- March 29: Jesus in the Wilderness by Tyler Mabry
- April 5 – Palm Sunday: Blessed Is He Who Comes by Lloyd Larson
- April 10 – Good Friday: The Garden Call by Joseph Martin/Brad Nix
- April 12 – Easter: Hallelujah! By Handel(arr.Christopher) & Risen Indeed! By Larry Shackley
- April 19 – Singing at Foothills United for Declan McNeill’s baptism: Let the Story Begin by Brett Stratton and Stewart Harris
- April 26: Take it to the Lord in Prayer by Scriven/Concerse/Derricks Arr. Raney
- May 17: A Clean Heart by Benjamin Harlan Text adapted from Psalm 51
- May 24: New City of Joy by Joseph Martin/Brad Nix
- May 31: God’s Gonna Set This World On Fire – Traditional spiritual Arr. Moses Hogan/Edwin B. Hogan
- June 7: Walk By Faith by Joel Raney/J. Paul Williams
- June 14: Whisper a Prayer for Me by Pepper Choplin
- June 21: Sisi Ni Moja by Jacob Narverud
Adult Choir Director: