St. Thomas United Church Adult Choir
Rehearsals: Thursday evenings at St. Thomas United Church from 7:15 PM to 9:30 PM.
Are you too old to pass for a youth and too young to stop singing? Have you always wanted to sing with a group but never had the time? We’re always ready to welcome new members. Come practice with us on Thursday evenings. We support the congregation in singing the hymns most every Sunday from September to June and sing an anthem two or three times a month.
You don’t need the ability to read music. You just need a heart that wants to sing, even just a little bit. Don’t forget to bring your smiling faces. If you don’t bring one, we’ll do our best to give you one before you leave!
Events: Annual Advance will be Saturday, Sept 7 staring at 9:00 am at the home of Corrine and Barry Smith. At this event, the choir will sing through anthems planned for the year and enjoy some social time followed by a barbeque. Contact Pam Bazinet for further details.
The Adult Choir is singing anthems at Services:
- Sept. 8: Make This Church a Welcome Place by Joel Raney/J.Paul Williams
- Sept. 15: Oh, How Good It Is by Getty, Getty, Townend, Holmesl Arr: Christopher
- Oct. 6: One At the Feast by Craig Courtney/Pamela Martin
- Oct. 13: We Come Rejoicing by Pamela Martin/Anna Laura Page
- Nov. 3: River in Judea by Marcus/Feldman/Leavitt
- Nov. 10: Peace by Patricia Mock/Richard Nichols
- Nov. 24: Advent Cry by Joseph Martin
- Dec. 22: We Want to Be Ready by Nancy Price/ Don Besig
- Christmas Eve Cantata Service at 8:00 PM:
- We Want to Be Ready by Nancy Price/ Don Besig
- Shepherd, Do You Sleep? by John Parker/Larry Shackley
- No Golden Carriage, No Bright Toy by Gilbert M. Martin
- Mary, Mary by Mary Donnelly/George Strid
- Look Up, Children by Jay Althouse
- Joy to the World! By F. Handel from “Judas Maccabaeus” (arr. Christopher)
Adult Choir Director: