St. Thomas United Church Youth Choir
Rehearsals: Wednesday evenings at St. Thomas United Church from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
If you are in grades 6 through university and enjoy singing, join us at the Church on Wednesday evenings. We sing, socialize and have the occasional pizza party. We sing in church at about one service per month. At Christmas time, we put on a musical along with the Children’s choir. We also look forward to competing in the Calgary Performing Arts Festival.
- Annual Children and Youth Choirs’ Christmas Service – Dec 8 10:00 am – The choirs have been working hard on a service that features a lots of Christmas music sung by the two choirs, costumes and a story that speaks to the true meaning of Christmas.
- Annual 12th Night Concert – Each year, the NW Calgary United Church Choirs come together for an evening of Christmas music just after the holidays. Each choir sings two of their Christmas anthems and the audience participates in singing Christmas Carols. It is followed by coffee and goodies. This year, it will be held at Symons Valley United Church at 7:00 pm on Sunday, January 5. All are welcome to attend.
- Joy of Song Service – February 2 10:00 am – This service will celebrate the role of music in our spiritual journeys. All St. Thomas Musical groups will be participating.
The youth choir is singing at services:
- November 17
- December 8 – annual Children’s and Youth Choir Christmas service
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion Service at 10:00 pm
- January 5
- February 2
Youth Choir Director: