All youth in grades 7 through 12 are welcome as are their friends. Sunday morning youth group is a time for learning about the day’s scripture, discussion on a variety of topics of interest to the youth and catching up. There is youth group each week from the Sunday after Labour Day until late June.
We have a weekly social activity that usually occurs on Friday evenings, with the occasional social activity held on a Saturday or Sunday instead. Activities may be at the Church or another venue, and we typically meet between 6:30 and 9:30. For events held at St. Thomas we start in the upper hall, and for events away from the Church we meet in the upper parking lot of St. Thomas to arrange rides. Variations to event days or times will be communicated in weekly emails.
When youth who have not already registered arrive at a social event by their own means, the parent approval form must have been completed by a parent or guardian and brought to the event.
Leaders Heather, Eden, Caitlin, and Matt look forward to seeing you!
Sunday Morning Activities:
In May, the messages and special music for the services will be from ‘The Greatest Showman’ movie. We will discuss the themes as well. In addition, the following dates are of particular interest:
- June 23 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00.
- June 30 – August 25 – Youth group takes a break over the summer. We encourage you to come to Church and enjoy the services with your family.
- Sept 1 – Calgary Pride Parade. We will meet at the Church and car pool to the event
- Sept 8 – Welcome back Sunday. Come share your summer adventures and provide input for topics you would like to discuss this year
- Sept 15, 22, 29 – We will watch episodes from ‘The Good Book’ and discuss the themes
- Sept 29 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- June 21 – Naked Faith hosted by St. Thomas. At Naked Faith, we join together with youth from other Churches across Calgary for a simple meal and a youth oriented service followed by games. Supper is served between 6:00 and 7:00 pm. The service starts at 7:00. The evening ends at 10:30.
- June 28 – August 30 – Youth group takes a break for the summer
- Sept 6 – Sundaes, games and registration at the Church. Come share your summer adventures and provide input to what you would like the youth group to do this year
- Sept 13 – Outdoor games around the neighborhood (weather permitting)
- Sept 20 – A hike or easy walk at Nose Hill Park or Big Hill Springs park (weather permitting)
- Sept 27 – Social Justice presentation and discussion. Topic TBD