All youth in grades 7 through 12 are welcome as are their friends. Sunday morning youth group is a time for learning about the day’s scripture, discussion on a variety of topics of interest to the youth and catching up. There is youth group each week from the Sunday after Labour Day until late June.
We have a weekly social activity that usually occurs on Friday evenings, with the occasional social activity held on a Saturday or Sunday instead. Activities may be at the Church or another venue, and we typically meet between 6:30 and 9:30. For events held at St. Thomas we start in the upper hall, and for events away from the Church we meet in the upper parking lot of St. Thomas to arrange rides. Variations to event days or times will be communicated in weekly emails.
When youth who have not already registered arrive at a social event by their own means, the parent approval form must have been completed by a parent or guardian and brought to the event.
Leaders Heather, Eden, Caitlin, and Matt look forward to seeing you!
Sunday Morning Activities:
- Nov 17 – Children’s Sunday intergenerational service based on a Dr. Seuss theme and language. The youth choir is singing. We will participate in the service.
- Nov 24 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- Nov 24 & Dec 1 – creating items to contribute to the Advent Bush. Come and find out about the Advent Bush project!
- Dec 8 – Children’s and youth choirs Christmas musical service
- Dec 15 – We will be wrapping presents for the less fortunate families that St. Thomas adopts this year
- Dec 20 – 22 – Youth Retreat weekend – no youth group at St. Thomas this morning
- Dec 29 – no youth group this morning
- January & February – We will be working on planning out annual youth service
- January 12 – Two of our leaders went to Israel this past summer on a young adult trip sponsored by the national church. They will be talking about their experiences
- Jan 26 & Feb 23 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- March 8 – Annual Youth service planned and executed by the youth group
- Nov 22 – Making sandwiches for a homeless shelter
- Nov 29 – Bake night
- Dec 6 – Christmas caroling at the homes of some of the seniors or shut ins of the congregation.
- Dec 13 – Christmas party and gift exchange
- Dec 20 – 22 – City wide youth retreat weekend
- Dec 27 – no youth group this evening
- Jan 3 – games night at the Church
- Jan 10 – TBD – something at the Church
- Jan 17 – Naked Faith – location TBD – At Naked Faith, we join together with youth from other Churches across Calgary for a simple meal and a youth oriented service followed by games. Supper is served between 6:00 and 7:00 pm. The service starts at 7:00. The evening ends at 10:30.
- Jan 24 – Lazer Tag
- Jan 31 – sledding – weather and snow conditions permitting