All youth in grades 7 through 12 are welcome as are their friends. Sunday morning youth group is a time for learning about the day’s scripture, discussion on a variety of topics of interest to the youth and catching up. There is youth group each week from the Sunday after Labour Day until late June.
We have a weekly social activity that usually occurs on Friday evenings, with the occasional social activity held on a Saturday or Sunday instead. Activities may be at the Church or another venue, and we typically meet between 6:30 and 9:30. For events held at St. Thomas we start in the upper hall, and for events away from the Church we meet in the upper parking lot of St. Thomas to arrange rides. Variations to event days or times will be communicated in weekly emails.
When youth who have not already registered arrive at a social event by their own means, the parent approval form must have been completed by a parent or guardian and brought to the event.
Leaders Heather, Eden, Caitlin, and Matt look forward to seeing you!
Sunday Morning Activities:
During January, February and March, we will be watching episodes of ‘The Good Place’ series and discussing the themes.
We will also be planning our annual youth services. In addition, the following dates are of particular interest:
- Jan 27 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- Feb 3 – The Naked Faith Band will be presenting a youth oriented service including rock music and a message around coping with mental health issues
- Feb 24 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- March 17 – St. Thomas Youth service planned and presented by the St. Thomas Youth Group
- March 31 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- January 25 – Sandwich making for Alpha House followed by wide games throughout the Church. Senior Highs will stay later for addition conversation.
- February 1 (Friday) – St Thomas is showing the movie ‘Inside Out’. While this is not the official youth event for the week, youth are invited to attend.
- February 2 (Saturday) – St. Thomas is hosting a Mental Health day complete with speakers, booths and a chili dinner. Youth group will start with dinner at 5:30 and attend a presentation on depression and anxiety at 7:00 followed by a discussion on the topic.
- February 8 – Monster Mini Golf
- February 15 – Games Night at St. Thomas. The Symons Valley youth group will be joining us.
- February 22 – Naked Faith at St. Matthew’s United Church. We will meet at St. Thomas at 6:00 and car pool. We’ll be back to St. Thomas by 11:00. At Naked Faith, we join together with youth from other Churches across Calgary for a simple meal and a youth oriented service followed by games.
- March 1 – Winter Olympics
- March 8 – Master chef/baking challenge
- March 15 – Naked Faith at St. Thomas
- March 22 – Board Games
- March 29 – Movie night