All youth in grades 7 through 12 are welcome as are their friends. Sunday morning youth group is a time for learning about the day’s scripture, discussion on a variety of topics of interest to the youth and catching up. There is youth group each week from the Sunday after Labour Day until late June.
We have a weekly social activity that usually occurs on Friday evenings, with the occasional social activity held on a Saturday or Sunday instead. Activities may be at the Church or another venue, and we typically meet between 6:30 and 9:30. For events held at St. Thomas we start in the upper hall, and for events away from the Church we meet in the upper parking lot of St. Thomas to arrange rides. Variations to event days or times will be communicated in weekly emails.
When youth who have not already registered arrive at a social event by their own means, the parent approval form must have been completed by a parent or guardian and brought to the event.
Leaders Heather, Eden, Caitlin, and Matt look forward to seeing you!
Sunday Morning Activities:
During March and April we will be watching episodes of ‘The Good Place’ series and discussing the themes. In May, the messages and special music for the services will be from ‘The Greatest Showman’ movie. In addition, the following dates are of particular interest:
- March 31 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- April 14 – Palm Sunday. The two youth who are being confirmed on Easter Sunday will talk about their faith journey
- April 21 – Easter Sunday. No youth group today. Enjoy the services with your family!
- April 28 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- May 12 – The youth will be running a cake walk following the service to raise funds for the Skipping Stone Foundation. Come win a cake for your Mom on Mother’s Day.
- May 26 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- March 22 – Board Games
- March 29 – Movie night
- April 5 – Bowling
- April 12 – Naked Faith at Living Spirit United Church. At Naked Faith, we join together with youth from other Churches across Calgary for a simple meal and a youth oriented service followed by games. Supper is served between 6:00 and 7:00 pm. The service starts at 7:00. We’ll be back to St. Thomas by 11:00.
- April 19 – Good Friday – no youth group tonight
- April 26 – Amazing Race
- May 3 – Greatest Showman Pizza and Movie night – Pizza at 6:00. The movie will start at 6:30.
- May 4/5 – All night Lazer Tag! This is a city wide youth event hosted by the Regional Youth Ministry. Preregistration will be required. Forms will be available in April. Meet at the Church at 11:30 pm and return to the Church by 6:30 am.
- May 10 – Naked Faith. Location TBD. At Naked Faith, we join together with youth from other Churches across Calgary for a simple meal and a youth oriented service followed by games. Supper is served between 6:00 and 7:00 pm. The service starts at 7:00. We’ll be back to St. Thomas by 11:00.
- May 17 – games night
- May 24 – Tie Dying
- May 31 – June 2 – Annual youth retreat weekend. This year, it will be held at Camp Kasota East. More information to come.