All youth in grades 7 through 12 are welcome as are their friends. Sunday morning youth group is a time for learning about the day’s scripture, discussion on a variety of topics of interest to the youth and catching up. There is youth group each week from the Sunday after Labour Day until late June.
We have a weekly social activity that usually occurs on Friday evenings, with the occasional social activity held on a Saturday or Sunday instead. Activities may be at the Church or another venue, and we typically meet between 6:30 and 9:30. For events held at St. Thomas we start in the upper hall, and for events away from the Church we meet in the upper parking lot of St. Thomas to arrange rides. Variations to event days or times will be communicated in weekly emails.
When youth who have not already registered arrive at a social event by their own means, the parent approval form must have been completed by a parent or guardian and brought to the event.
Leaders Heather, Eden, Caitlin, and Matt look forward to seeing you!
Sunday Morning Activities:
- October 20 – The youth choir sings this morning. The Stewardship committee will be putting on a game show during the sermon time. We will stay in the service to enjoy the show.
- October 27 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- Starting in November, we will be doing some yet to be determined projects while we discuss various topics. Services where there are special events in addition are noted below
- Nov 17 – Children’s Sunday intergenerational service based on a Dr. Seuss theme and language. The youth choir is singing. We will participate in the service.
- Nov 24 – Breakfast will be served at 9:00
- Dec 8 – Children’s and youth choirs Christmas musical service
- Dec 15 – We will be wrapping presents for the less fortunate families that St. Thomas adopts this year
- Dec 20 – 22 – Youth Retreat weekend – no youth group at St. Thomas this morning
- Dec 29 – no youth group this morning
- Oct 18 – Naked Faith hosted by St. Thomas. At Naked Faith, we join together with youth from other Churches across Calgary for a simple meal and a youth oriented service followed by games. Supper is served between 6:00 and 7:00 pm. The service starts at 7:00. The evening ends at 10:30.
- Oct 25 – We will heading over to Symons Valley United Church to help their youth group set up a haunted house. Everyone is welcome to attend the haunted house on Saturday!
- Nov 1 – Lazer Quest!
- Nov 8 – Movie night at the Church
- Nov 15 – Naked Faith – location TBD
- Nov 22 – Making sandwiches for a homeless shelter
- Nov 29 – Bake night
- Dec 6 – Christmas caroling at the homes of some of the seniors or shut ins of the congregation.
- Dec 13 – Christmas party and gift exchange
- Dec 20 – 22 – City wide youth retreat weekend