All youth in grades 7 through 12 are welcome as are their friends. Sunday morning youth group is a time for learning about the day’s scripture, discussion on a variety of topics of interest to the youth and catching up. There is youth group each week from the Sunday after Labour Day until late June.
We have a weekly social activity that usually occurs on Friday evenings, with the occasional social activity held on a Saturday or Sunday instead. Activities may be at the Church or another venue, and we typically meet between 6:30 and 9:30. For events held at St. Thomas we start in the upper hall, and for events away from the Church we meet in the upper parking lot of St. Thomas to arrange rides. Variations to event days or times will be communicated in weekly emails.
When youth who have not already registered arrive at a social event by their own means, the parent approval form must have been completed by a parent or guardian and brought to the event.
Leaders Heather, Eden, Caitlin, and Matt look forward to seeing you!
Sunday Morning Activities:
- Sunday morning in person youth group has been cancelled for the remainder of March. We encourage you to watch the live stream service each week. The youth service on March 8 was awesome. It is available to watch online as well if you are interested in re-living the experience!
- Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, in person youth group meetings are cancelled for the remainder of March. However, we will be offering virtual meetings instead.
- A decision will be made regarding in person events in April based on the guidance from Alberta Health Services. If in person meetings resume, the plans are as follows:
- April 3 – Paint night using instructions from a youtube video
- April 10 – Good Friday – no youth group tonight
- April 17 – Naked Faith at St. Thomas
- April 24 – Swimming at the pool in Cochrane