Our purpose is to care for the congregation in a practical way by working with the ministry team, and initiate and oversee compassionate programs. Strong lay leadership is paramount to St. Thomas as we collaborate with our Ministers to make St. Thomas the best we can be. Everything we do is through our Faith Statement of Open Hands, Open Hearts and Open Minds. We believe that if we support our congregants inside these walls, all of us are then energized to go out and do the mission of the church outside our walls. It never ceases to amaze us that so many are so willing to lend a helping hand – from making everyone who comes through our doors feel like family to supporting each other in times of crisis. Our programs include the following list and many feature information pamphlets, available in the church.
- Cards sent for a range of occasions on behalf of the congregation
- Healing Touch
- Prayer shawls, Baptismal shawls, Prayer Squares and Quilts
- Inspiring Conversations that Matter
- Special services, such as Blue Christmas service each December
- Hospital and home visitation program, friend-to-friend-brochure
- Baking and/or meal provisions during times of crisis
- Funeral receptions as required/requested
- Benevolent fund
It takes a village…..We are here to respond in a practical and caring way to the emotional and spiritual needs of the congregation of St. Thomas.
Never hesitate to be in touch with our Ministry team or Pastoral Care chair.